Status: Prioritization Needed
As a researcher, I want to have online tests so that I can have pre-test and post-test data associated with my study.
- It would be good if DataShop provided the ability to facilitate grading of test data. -- Alida 16:09, 3 August 2010 (EDT) -- From email thread with Bruce McLaren and Vincent Aleven.
- Vincent suggested that DataShop simply put a new field in the transaction export to indicate which transaction is the last transaction for a given step. The researcher would still need to do some work in Excel to produce the actual grades for the students. But this seems relatively simple for DataShop to do.
- Bruce suggested that DataShop take this one step further. Bruce, can you elaborate here more? Do you want a new report?
- Alida wants to throw another idea into the mix.
- DataShop can identify all problems where the tutor_flag field equals, 'test', 'pre-test' or 'post-test'. Then for each step in that problem, find the last transaction for that step and the outcome (CORRECT vs. INCORRECT) and then put an extra field in the student-step rollup export. Maybe two columns. One column indicating whether the step is part of a test problem. One column indicating whether the student was right or wrong on the last transaction.
See complete DataShop Feature Wish List.